BRN CE Provider #17373
Approved As a California CE Provider (Valid for RNs and NPs Only)
PROVIDER/BUSINESS NAME: Better U Skin and Body Care, LLC DBA Better U Medical Aesthetics Training Institute
TITLE: Basic Aesthetics Medical Training for Botox/Xeomin and Dermal Fillers (including Lasers, Medical Weight Loss Program and Information for Starting a Medical Spa business)
DATES TO BE OFFERED: November 20-22, 2020 (Friday-Sunday)
OBJECTIVES (Behavioral Terminology): At the end of 3 days of didactic and hands-on training, participants will be able to:
- Provide basic assessment and treatment skills for popular Medical spa procedures including Botox/Xeomin, Dermal Fillers, Laser Skin Revitalization and Tattoo/Hair Removal, Microdermabrasion and medical grade chemical peels to a variety of patients.
- Document all nursing care, photos, pre and post instructions for all medical aesthetic procedures.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the use of equipment, procedures, pharmaceuticals, injections, chemical peels and lasers, including a medically supervised weight loss program.
- Perform health assessments, treatments and procedures on assigned patients for a medically supervised weight loss program.
- Provide basic information on starting a Medical Spa business, including legal implications of medical aesthetics procedures as well as evidence-based nursing practice and state and nursing board regulations.
OVERVIEW/DESCRIPTION: The 3-DAY medical aesthetics training program is designed for Registered Nurses and Mid-level Providers (Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants) who want to work with physicians to perform procedures and treatments on clients who seek elective procedures that address common skin conditions or improve the appearance of the face and body. Didactic content, clinical and hands-on experiences include learning to use equipment, such as lasers, microdermabrasion, medical grade chemical peels, neurotoxins (Botox/Xeomin), and dermal fillers used for Volumizing in aesthetic procedures as well as caring for patients undergoing a medical weight loss program. It will also include information on how to successfully start a medical spa business and the legal implications of providing aesthetic medical procedures, evidence-based nursing practice as well as state and nursing board regulations.
TEACHING METHODS: Lectures and Hands-on Training/Demonstrations
NUMBER OF CONTACT HOURS Applied: 24 (12 hours didactic/12 hours hands-on)
CONTENT (OUTLINE FORM):
Day 1 FRIDAY “Basic Medical Aesthetics Procedures”
- 8:00am-9:00am- Lectures on Medical Aesthetics Procedures such as Medical Microdermabrasion, Medical Grade Peels to include Anatomy and Physiology of the Skin and Epidermal Layers, Facial Structure, including Facial Musculature; Identifying Skin Tension Lines overlying Facial Muscles and Cosmetic Subunits; Common Cutaneous Diseases and other Dermatologic Conditions
- 9:00-12:00nn Basic Techniques for Cosmetic Injectables including Botox/Xeomin, Hyaluronic Acid Fillers such as Juvederm, Radiesse and Belotero
12:30-5:00PM Botox/Xeomin Training and Dermal Filler Training
- Clinical Practice incorporating Botulinum Toxins (Xeomin® & Botox Cosmetic®) and Dermal Fillers into your Practice (hands-on in small groups)
- Botulinum Toxin Injection Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines. The key to happy patients is fully understanding where and how many units to inject, therefore extensive time will be spent analyzing patients to ensure you give them the best aesthetic results.
- Dermal Filler Techniques, Protocols and Guidelines.
- *MICRODERMABRASION AND CHEMICAL PEELS HANDS-ON ON DAY 3
Day 2 SATURDAY
- Integrating Aesthetic Medicine into a Medical Practice or Medical Spa
- The key to success in aesthetics is performing a comprehensive patient selection and consultations.
- Includes details on how to complete aesthetic patient medical history and consent forms (sample Forms will be provided).
- Legal implications of providing aesthetic medical procedures, evidence-based nursing practice as well as state and nursing board regulations.
- Integrating Laser Procedures in the Medical Spa- the most popular Laser procedures will be discussed such as Skin Revitalization, Laser Tattoo Removal and Laser Hair removal using the latest lasers in the market right now such as the Picosure Laser and Ellman Cheveux II Diode laser to include topics such as:
- Physics of Laser devices (how to match the right equipment to the right procedure).
- Skin typing using the Fitzpatrick scale and patient selection.
- Principles and safety of lasers devices.
- Potential side effects and risks.
- Incorporating facial/skin rejuvenation into your practice.
12:30-5pm: Performing the most common and profitable Laser procedures (hands-on & live demonstration in small groups)
- Laser Skin revitalization, Laser hair removal, Laser tattoo removal, benign pigmented lesions, vascular lesions and acne scars.
Day 3 SUNDAY
- Integrating a Medically Supervised Weight Loss Management Program into your Medical Spa Business
- Adding Medically Supervised (hormone) Weight Loss; Weight Loss Pharmaceutical Options
- Medically Supervised Weight Loss Programs (FDA Approved Pharmacology, VLCD/LCD, Ketogenic diet programs, Meal Replacements)
- Non-medical Weight Management; Health Supplementation
- Current Trends in the Medical Spa Business – “What you need to know to Succeed”
- Meeting the growing demand with the right procedures.
- Typical startup costs associated with common aesthetic procedures.
- Hands-on Training on Microdermabrasion and Chemical Peels
COURSE FEE (includes products used for hands-on training, course materials and sample business template forms):
EARLY BIRD RATES
- $2,500 for 3 days ($2,800 on or before February 29, 2020)
- $1,200 for 1 day only ($1,500 on or before February 29, 2020)
- $2,000 for 2 days ($2,300 on or before February 29, 2020)
non-refundable fee prior to 30 days of the course